Sunday 6 November 2011

45th Birthday

I know it's been a while since Sangam's 45th birthday but I couldn't help sharing a few of my favorite photos!


This is how beautiful Sangam looked for the birthday - all dressed up for the party!  Anita did an awesome job with this pic!!!




There were way too many highlights of the birthday event - 60's dinner and crazy wide game in full costume, kid's birthday party with children from the community across the road from us, campfire and sleep over with 60 guides and scouts and much much more.  Here's a few of my best bits...


One of the things I'd been wanting to do at Sangam since I started was poolside movies and let me tell you - they were awesome!  Sophie (one of the volunteers from the UK) had her parents come and visit and they brought a whole heap of blow up seats with them and the participants brought some along too.  Our carpenter made a frame and a sheet and the new projector that does rear projection worked amazingly.  This will be the first of may poolside movie experiences I reckon!  If you'd like to experience floating popcorn servers you know where to come...



We had a really cool logo for the birthday and here it is in some fab formats - the cake, the welcome rangoli out the front made by our volunteers in training Sayali and Aarti and a flower carpet that Kirti and Kamini made outside the hall!




On the birthday day there was an elephant - her name was Laxmi and she was 40 years old and just the coolest elephant I've ever met - not that I have met many!!!  You can check her out here in some of my fav pic's of her...and by the way - I have her phone number if any of you want to come over and hook up with her!!!





One of my favorite parts of the birthday was the community partner forum we ran at the end of the day.  Some of our key partners formed a panel and we asked them questions and then we formed some small groups for discussion.  It was a really important part of the day in terms of how we work with our partners and just rounded off the celebrations perfectly.



Hope to see some of you guys at the 46th birthday on October the 16th next year - we'll have just as much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment